Friday, February 24, 2012

[ Spiritual ] I'm here on this planet to hope (so)















Since making a few changes to move forward on the path to a more healthy me (in mind, body and soul) I have been practicing mindfulness and trying to meditate. Meditation some days has been extremely difficult because I can't get my mind to just be still. I am currently in a bit of a inner battle with myself over my occupation. I want to stay where I am, yet am constantly drawn to other things that I think may be better not just for me, but for others.  Right now I'm not planning my annual (AXF) fundraiser because I've decided that my body needs a little bit more rest before I throw myself into that again. But, in the same respect I am getting restless because I'm not planning it. 
Time passes in moments... moments which, rushing past, define the path of a life, just as surely as they lead towards its end. How rarely do we stop to examine that path, to see the reasons why all things happen, to consider whether the path we take in life is our own making, or simply one into which we drift with eyes closed. But what if we could stop, pause to take stock of each precious moment before it passes? Might we then see the endless forks in the road that have shaped a life? And, seeing those choices, choose another path? - Dana Scully 'All Things' The X-Files (7x17)
I really need to go to more Buddhist classes. I didn't end up getting to the last Meditation course/class due to a severe lack of funds (spent on a purely selfish indulgence I might add). I have just checked on the Tara Kadampa (Brisbane) site and seen that the next course is about 'Living in the moment'. I think this is something that I really need to learn to do, to turn my mind off and just appreciate everything that happens - and remember that everything does indeed happen for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment