Monday, March 19, 2012

[ Life ] Why is it that... ?

I am sick.

I have succumbed to a horrible cold/flu that is making every single joint in my body ache. I had a similar bout with illness when we were in Whistler back in December '11, but it didn't last this long. And while every muscle ached with that cold as well - I think it was for different reasons (skiing all day!).

I hate the way I get when I'm sick. I whinge. I whine. I complain. I get extremely negative. And worst of all, I get quiet. I don't want to talk to people out of the fear that I will alienate myself.

These are all traits that I don't want to be a part of me.

Getting out of bed late yesterday I decided to get up, and go for a walk, grab some breakfast and feel less sorry for myself. The walk did help to release endorphins and make me feel somewhat better. So, as soon as I get the 'ton of bricks' feeling out of my lungs, I am going to have to go to the gym.

Enough with the procrastination, it's time to get seriously healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment