Friday, March 23, 2012

[ Wedding ] Planning commences

At times, I wish we lived in Canada.

Planning has commenced for our 'Winter Wonderland' Wedding that we are hoping to have in Whistler in 2014. Somewhere in the months of January and February.

Why those months? 

Because the buzz and peak period of Christmas have ended, there is a heap of snowfall during that time, and it's still school holidays here in Australia so hopefully friends and family can make the journey with us.

For those who can't make the journey - we would set up a remote viewing location with the wedding beamed via skype. I hope. I believe this is possible. Need to discuss with my tech nerd friends.

We've picked the locations!

I'm not going to go into specifics because I want them to be special to the day. Let's just say that the ceremony location will be magical (I hope) and the reception venue will be cozy. No big flamboyant wedding for us... just what we love, in a place that we love, with (hopefully) the people that we love.

What's next?

Well... hopefully our gorgeous friends who live in B.C. can help us out with who to contact in the Whistler Municipal Council about booking our Ceremony Location. Then once that's done, we book the Reception location.

Then after that, it's all about officials and aesthetics.

If anyone has a good recommendation for a Celebrant, Photographer and Cake Company (in B.C.) - help an Aussie Girl out. Heck, I may even jump on a plane and go and do some investigating, if the price is right.

Otherwise I will do like Dana Scully does, and just Google it.







No comments:

Post a Comment