Monday, April 23, 2012

[ Fandom ] Grateful doesn't seem like a strong enough word

























So many feelings right now. 

Which started because I was watching XFyellowbee's amazing Story of Mulder and Scully.

Craig and I have been busting our butts on this TopGeek 2.0 Submission, which is due Today at 9am.

Of course, I am participating in the Fandom competition... my submission is going to be Fiction Reality meets Fandom Reality.  A comic book, that has truth to it (in a Fandom sense). I can't edit videos - not well anyway - so of course I have asked Craig to come to my rescue. He has gone above and beyond the call for me this time. 

While I know in the past he hasn't really given much attention to what I do within the fandom, this time... this time is different. At first we talked about me getting through Round one. Which I did. 3rd overall in Fandom votes at close of voting.
I have had such an amazing outpouring of support from all corners of the globe for this competition. Never before have I felt such amazing love from the Phile community.
I am really really thankful. Truly.
Some of them asked what they could do to help...  First came the voting. For the first time in a long time I feel that I'm doing something for purely selfish reasons - but in the same respect I want to put myself out there representing the 'X-Phile' Community. Not to mention being backed by a couple of rather large names.... (ahem, Dean Haglund, Phil Leirness and Frank Spotnitz).  I managed to get over 400 votes in two weeks. Imagine what would have happened if I had been in the competition from day one! 

The next thing I knew I put the call out to see if anyone wanted to participate in an idea. Over thirty beautiful souls came back to me, in many different languages, from all around the world. I found a way to give my comic a phile voice, a phile following. And hearing the voices from fans around the world has brought a (single Scully) tear to my eye. 

To know that I have all my friends within the fandom (and some real life friends, who have really discovered just how passionate I am about my fandom) behind me, pushing me towards (hopefully) the final, I am feeling really empowered.
I really have to thank a couple of people.
Craig - You are my constant. My touchstone. The Mulder to my Scully. Thank you for bringing my vision to life. 

Mum - For putting up with me being consumed by this competition. For weeks.

Avi - Thank you so much for your advice on production and scripting. It has been invaluable. You are truly amazing and I am so beyond grateful.
Roileigh - Thank you for allowing me to bounce my frustration off you, constantly.Thank you for also confirming my vision about the 'phile voice' idea.

The Members of AXF - You are all the epitome of 'What can be imagined, can be achieved.' Thank you for getting behind me. I hope to do you proud.

The Phile Voices around the Globe - Thank you for stepping up and showing such passion to want to help!

The Voters - Thank you so much for helping me make it into the Top 50!
Dean Haglund and Phil Leirness - Thank you for posting the links to get votes! 

Frank Spotnitz - For going above the call! Thank you for lending me your voice.


If make it through to the final, I promise to represent you all to the best of my ability. And I will also be putting it out there in no uncertain terms, that the fans REALLY want X-Files 3. I have put everything into this, I hope to do the X-Files Fandom proud.

Thank you. x



No comments:

Post a Comment