Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Lady Gaga/Live Nation - They at least tried @LadyGaga

So after two weeks of battling with LiveNation about the Lady Gaga insident at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre - I finally go the chance to speak to a representative while I was in Melbourne. (They called me while I was en-route to meet my host in Melbourne on Wednesday 27/6).

First off, this person more or less wanted to try and help - but then turned around and semi-accused me of making up the situation because I was still basically the only one complaining about it. Yes, you read that correctly. I swiftly passed on a couple of other little monsters names to assure him that no, I was not the only one who was still complaining. Then after talking until I had almost lost my voice, he told me that he couldn't just give me a ticket - that the shows were sold out, and he would have to source one, and that I would have to pay for it. Yep. You can imagine how annoyed I was with that.

On the Thursday, by around lunch time I had come to the harsh reality that I didn't think I was going to get the opportunity to go to the show. I had made my peace with it. Then, at around 5pm LiveNation emailed me saying that they had a ticket for me. I did not receive this email until after 6pm, I was an hour away from the venue, I hadn't showered and by the time I had gotten myself together, I wouldn't have made the Monster Pit allocation anyway... which was the whole purpose of this exercise. 

Upon emailing them to tell them that I couldn't and wouldn't be able to make that show, they wanted to try and get me to another show - however the fact of the matter was that I was in Melbourne for other reasons, and had already pre-purchased tickets to several events. I had informed LiveNation previously that I was only available on the Wednesday and the Thursday.

That was the last I heard from them.

I think this proves that if you are wronged, please fight for what you believe in. You may not get the outcome that you want, but at least your voice will be heard - and you will make sure that it doesn't happen ever again. Although from what I'm hearing... it's still happening. (Read Melbourne's MX front page story from Wednesday 27/6/2012).



No comments:

Post a Comment