Friday, July 13, 2012

The moment you attach 'Wedding' to anything, expect to pay more.

This is something that many of my friends who have been married have expressed to me.

I didn't realise just how much more though.

I have found a venue in Whistler that to me, is nothing short of perfection. It's gorgeous, it's intimate, it's warm, it's the right colour scheme. All important things to a Bride planning their special day. However, it comes at a cost. $1600 just to rent the space. Oh - and if you don't have a wedding planner in place, don't even bother applying.

That's a bit rich isn't it? Especially since all I need to "plan" is around 20 candles, a music track for walking down the aisle, a celebrant (which we have already picked), some chairs, and a signing table.

How did I go from wanting a really small intimate wedding in an outdoor location, taking advantage of Whistler's amazing scenery, to wanting pretty much what is commonly refered to as the 'high end' scale of Wedding Ceremony? It is after all, something that is going to be over in about 15 minutes.

I think I need to get my priorities in order. I also think I need to start seeking out alternative locations, but that are in a similar style/space.

Let the fun begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment