Monday, December 03, 2012

Countdown to 2013

It's that time of year where we countdown the final days of the year, and generally express what we are thankful for - or complain about how quickly the year has gone - or grumble because we haven't started our Christmas Shopping. 

I'm one of those people. I haven't started my shopping, the year has gone way too quickly, and OH BOY has the temperature gone up a notch in the last month. It is going to be a bloody scorcher of a Christmas. My friends in the Northern Hemisphere who find this hilarious that we have a hot Christmas, I challenge you to come down here one day and experience it for yourself. You will not want to have the traditional Hot Christmas Dinner... I'm telling you.  

This time last year, my fiance and I were on a plane bound for Canada. I cannot believe that a year has passed since we went to spend a month in gorgeous Vancouver/Whistler, British Columbia. I have missed it, (and our friends) every day since we have left. The more we plan our wedding, the more time we keep adding to our 'next' journey there. Currently, our trip stands at around five weeks!

I anticipate amazing things for 2013. I can sense it. It's going to be an amazing year.

I am super thankful to my family and friends (old and new) who have been there for me throughout the year. It's been a year of tremendous highs and really crushing lows - but it hasn't changed the person that I am. My Buddhist meditations have also helped more than I can even express.


Also - everyone out there reading my blog MUST dig deep, and buy one (or more) of the SA-YES Charity Wristbands that I'm selling.  At $5.00 a wristband they truly are a bargain, and help to empower young people in South Africa through the amazing 'South African Youth Education for Sustainability' program. To learn more about this amazing charity that I have supported since it's inception, please visit their website.  They truly do amazing things.

I anticipate that my next blog will be Christmas Lights photos. Perhaps even some touristy photos as my sister and soon to be brother-in-law will be arriving from Wales to spend 6 weeks with us. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment