Tuesday, July 24, 2012

It is at this time of year, for the last four years, that I get really nostalgic and thankful that The X-Files: I Want To Believe was made.

This movie is responsible for so many amazing friendships, and opportunities that have come my way. Not to say that I was just handed them - oh no, I have worked my butt off for years and years.

But the fruits of that labour have been well worth the effort.

I can't believe that when I started Aussie X-Files Fans @ Facebook (AXF) well over four years ago now, that it would bring me the joy, the success, and the level of friendships that I know I will have for many years to come - long after The X-Files has finished.

The friendships not just in Australia, but worldwide, are something to be extremely thankful for. Sure... over the years some of those friendship have drifted because of distance and other factors - but although we may be miles adrift, we will forever be inches apart.

In the last four years:- TV appearances, Magazine and Newspaper Articles, raising tens of thousands for charities, bringing Australian X-Philes together from around the country to watch the movies on the big screen, holding hundreds of auctions on eBay, meeting stars from the show who have finally traveled to Australia to attend conventions, and then ultimately walking a red carpet at a World Premiere.

With each new year, comes new opportunity.

I am so excited to see what the future holds.




No comments:

Post a Comment