Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Eager wait for Postal Delivery

Don't you hate it when you have a truckload of mail coming from all corners of the globe... and it takes weeks and months to arrive. You check your mailbox every single day hoping that today is the day.

The guys at Australia Post always laugh at my excited face as I stand there with the awaiting collection notice that gets put into our PO Box. I can look at them before I go to the mail box and they always give me a knowing smile.

Love it.

So just what have I got coming exactly?

Well.... I was recently naughty with the GillianAnderson.ws auctions. Naughty, but some of the things I won went for a REALLY good price. And at least I know what I have purchased is pretty much a 'One of' - that's why I bought them. And because of charity. Always charity.

Some of that money goes to help the Neurofibromatosis Network.

I also helped a couple of friends out by buying some of their collectables off them as they needed some money. I figured I'd buy them and keep them in a safe place - and if the time came when they wanted to buy them back off me - they could definitely do that.

I have a friend who is sending me a surprise from London Film and Comic Con - although that was sent in July (it is now September, why isn't it here?!).

I had the lovely Roileigh get me an autograph at Toronto Fan eXpo.

And of course there is the evil website that is eBay. I should be banned from eBay.

2 comments:

  1. I know this feeling all too well... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it suck?! I really had hoped at least the 'july' package from London would have been here by now. It seems that it is lost in the post somewhere. Doesn't that make you sad? It makes me sad. ;)

      Delete